Monday 7 June 2010

A worker in the Mid Ulster Hospital takes ill...

I work in the Mid Ulster Hospital ,and suffer from time to time with Ariel fibrillation. When at work yesterday morning I felt very unwell.As there is no A&E in Magherafelt I phoned Dalriada doctor in Moneymore ,they told me they could not help me and I would have to go to Antrim A&E. As I do not drive and my family was not available I had to pay for a taxi down to Antrim. After I was seen by a doctor I was stranded down there and told I would have to find my own way home, I live in Magherafelt.
I ended up having to wait 4 hours until my daughter finished work before I could get home . I am very cross about this ,how do they expect someone like myself who does not drive to get to and from Antrim, the same would apply if they offered me a job in Antrim. I work from 7.30 on a Sat and Sun morning and there's no bus service at this time .How are we supposed to get there ?? I think this is disgrace we have lost such a valuable service to the people of Magherafelt. As I sayI  work in Mid Ulster Hospital and had to leave it and pay a taxi to see a doctor .I feel strongly about why I was sent alone in the taxi, what if I had taken a heart attack going down ,as I was short of breath and had been sick already.

Lorna Stewart      contact details avaiable on request

No comments:

Post a Comment